Polly Parker Press®, LLC
A kindhearted mother-daughter owned independent publisher
As co-owners of Polly Parker Press®, LLC, Virginia and her daughter, Julie, closely collaborate on all facets of the creative, educational, and publishing process with an eye for what is nurturing, delightful, and affirming. Representing distinguished experience in art, education, publishing, entrepreneurship, social media, and marketing expertise, together they are uniquely positioned for sharing their skills, passions and talents for the greater good while encouraging others to do the same.
They believe that quality, care, dedication, a positive outlook, personal growth, and inspired actions are important in this fast-paced world. You are invited to step with them into a new era of publishing. Polly Parker Press books are made to be treasured, and philanthropy is a core value of the company.
Together, they have published three picture books, now sold-out: Norbert: What Can Little Me Do?, Norbert: What Can Little YOU Do?, and Norbert & Lil BUB: What Can Little We Do? Norbert is Julie's real-life 3 lb. registered therapy dog. Julie and Virginia have also written the book, Norbert's Little Lessons for a Big Life, with photography by Emmy Award-winner Mark Steines, published by Simon & Schuster. Norbert® has a social media following of over 1.7 million people worldwide. They have also created two Norbert plush toys, the sold-out original Norbert Plush Toy, and the new Norbert Mini-Plush Toy, available HERE.
"This mother-daughter owned independent publishing company beautifully proves Norbert’s message that 'you don’t need to be big to make a BIG difference in the world.' Keep an eye on Polly Parker Press; these gifted entrepreneurs are re-imagining the world of children’s book publishing."
Ken McElroy, Best-selling author
Welcome to the Norberthood
Visit Norbert's website filled with fascinating information, photos and fun! Also, of you'd like to browse Norbert's apparel, books, and latest plush toy news, click the link below! Find out why Norbert believes "you don't have to be big to make a BIG difference in the world."
VIRGINIA FREYERMUTH: ADDITIONAL SELECTED PUBLICATIONS
Invited peer-reviewed chapter author for the National Art Education Association anthology:
Campbell, L. & Simmons III, S. (2012). The Heart of Art Education: Essays on Holistic Human Development and Integration. Reston, VA: NAEA
Series of Articles for SchoolArts Magazine, 2004-2005, co-authored with Dr. Peter London: "The Wonder Full Teacher Project" based on research concerning dimensions of the wonder full teacher
Doctoral Dissertation: Freyermuth, V. (2004). Art to Heart Talks: The Meaning of Art in the Lives of Children, Parents and Teachers. Cincinnati, Ohio: The Union Institute and University
Newspaper Columnist. (1994). "Learning for Life," Massachusetts: Patriot Ledger
FURTHER SELECTED PUBLICATIONS, EXHIBITIONS MEDIA APPEARANCES
Dr. Virginia Freyermuth actively exhibits her works of art and is represented in public and private collections.
- Rhode Island Art Educators Exhibition, Krause Award for "Self-Portrait," 2013
- Faculty Exhibition, Rhode Island College, Bannister Gallery, 2012
- Peabody-Essex Museum, Salem, MA, 1999 Massachusetts Waterfowl Stamp Print accepted into the permanent collection, 1999
- Massachusetts State House, Boston, Portraits Exhibited 2007 & 2008
- North River Arts Society, Popular Prize Recipient, 2007 & 2008
- Cohasset Arts Festival, 2008, Juror’s Award
- Plymouth Guild, Popular Prize Recipient, 2007
- “The Artist/Educator: A Celebration,” Juried Art Exhibition, UMass Dartmouth, 2001
- “After Hours,” Juried Exhibition, Selected MA Art Educators, Duxbury Art Complex Museum, 1997
- First Place Awards, Drawing, Massachusetts Art Teachers Exhibition, Boston, 1992, 1993
- Creativity in the Classroom, Harvard Project Zero and Disney Learning Partnership, 2000
Authored two boxed reflections featured in this book which accompanies the video series
- Authored three booklets distributed to Massachusetts teachers at presentations, 1994: Building Your Art Program, Art and Technology and, Portfolio Assessment (Supported by JL Hammett)
- Massasoit Community College, Brockton, Televised Interview with the President, March 14, 1994
- Cohasset PTA, Televised Presentation: “The Arts in Education,’ March 15, 1994
- WBZ Radio, Boston, Live Interactive Broadcast, “The Learning Center,” January 8, 1994
- Featured Interviews in the following publications:
The Artist’s Magazine, February 1997, “The Art of Teaching”
Electronic Learning Magazine, May/June 1996, “Technology Meets Monet and Michelangelo”
MTA Today, October 29, 1993, “Master of Art”
Also featured in the Boston Globe, the Boston Herald, the Patriot Ledger, Bostonia Magazine